How It Works
Sample packs purchased from WhoSampled Crates are sold on a pre-cleared basis. This means you can sample, chop and otherwise manipulate the samples you purchase and release the music you make using them commercially without need for approval. Master and publishing clearance is guaranteed. No sample clearance advances are required.
How It Works:
- Buy a sample pack from Crates.
- Loop, chop, slice and flip any sample you’ve bought to create new music.
- Once you’re ready to release a track containing a Crates sample, you must notify us and we’ll issue you with a simple sample clearance agreement.
- Release your track. We’ll list it on WhoSampled.com and actively promote the best new music to our community of millions of music fans, producers and beatmakers.
- If your track crosses 1 million streams, generates $1,000 in gross sales or is signed or licensed to a major label (or a major label subsidiary), share your royalties with the sample pack creator on the following terms:
- 25% for the sample playing for over 30 seconds of the new track (typically forming the main looped composition in a track)
- 15% for the sample playing for a total of between 10 and 30 seconds of the new track
- 10% for the sample playing for a total of 10 seconds and under